Saturday, April 1, 2017

2 more quilts finished

Firstly...
a Mum & Me Quilt
...using ALL Christmas fabric...called "Stacked Coins".
This was started in June last year.
(As you can see...straight sewing for Mum!)
It is a large quilt measuring 77" x 85"
 The close up shows the "Jingle Bells" stitching
and the backing is fabric I have had for YEARS and never knew what to do with it:
Now the other quilt:
the "CHEAT'S" quilt...56" x 66"
I saw this "panel"on the wall in a quilt shop in the States last June and asked to buy it, only to be told it was not for sale.... In the States (probably here too) a quilt is designed by using a range of fabrics, then the finished quilt is photographed and scanned onto a 60" wide cloth , then sent to the fabric shops, along with the pattern. I did some heavy grovelling (and heavy spending!) and eventually the lady agreed to sell it to me after 6 months...so at Christmas time the shop in the States contacted me & told me she bought a new one for me as her sample was no longer suitable to sell.
 even the stitching I used has Cowboy Boots & Hats!
I am REAL happy on how it turned out.

Until next post...
Jewells

3 comments:

  1. They're both lovely Julie - and your Mums sewing is great - what a great way to use Festive fabrics - such clever quilting on them too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt Mum helped you to sew and how lucky to finally get the quilt pattern you lusted over..
    Fabulous quilting on both Julie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely how your Mum sews for you...lovely quilt! Love the panel quilt too...great quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete