Monday, April 25, 2016

Care Bare Quilt

Another "Mum and me" quilt completed.

Looking through my stash, I found two 6" x 35" strips of Care Bear fabric that I had purchased along with other strips years ago on eBay..put away & forgotten, until a couple of weeks ago.

Mum enjoys applique using her machine, so I dug further into my stash and found tone on tone of the 4 colours of the Care Bears.  I designed a heart and got Mum to prepare the hearts for me to iron on, then she appliqued them onto a lighter shade than the heart.  

I dug yet deeper into my stash and was VERY surprised to find a few yards of Care Bear fabric.  I must have bought it while in the States quite a few years ago.
 
 It all fell into place and I even had enough of the Care Bear fabric (just) for the backing.
 I found a loopy star stitch to quilt it and then I used the plain blue for the binding.
It finished up being 50" x 60".
I didn't follow a pattern, just winged it AND it was all fabric & wadding from my stash.
Now Mum wants me to find another project for her to start on.

Until next post....
Jewells

3 comments:

  1. Very cute Jewells,
    congratulations to the finished quilt.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see your Mum busy sewing........lovely quilt.......

    ReplyDelete