Monday, February 2, 2015

All from one kit!

In a recent post, (here) I mentioned that Mum had pieced this quilt from a kit I bought...
well there was fabric left over and as I don't like waste and knew if I put it with the rest of my stash, it wouldn't be used for quite a while..
so...
 
I made 3 table runners (tops & binding) and I used backing fabric from my stash.
 (The blue fabric was part of the green border print, which wasn't used in the quilt).
\
Then I still had some of both of the reds and made 14 blocks using the "Friendship Star" pattern.
There are 4 of one fabric & 10 of the other.  I again used fabric from my stash as the light background.  Don't know what to do with them yet!

The only fabric I didn't use up from the kit was the black with gold stars... it has been filed away with the very few other black fabrics I have.

In the garden, the zucchinis are just about finished, but the figs are starting to come into abundance...so I made Zucchini Pickles & Fig Jam.


 
 Until next post...
Jewells

1 comment: