Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mum finishes another quilt

 Mum has been sewing together the last of my flannel fabric.  
I cut 3 quilts that will end up 40" x 48" and this is the first one finished.  They are all the same pattern and the pink fabric will be in all 3.
I used a flower pattern that was similar to the centre square when I quilted it.
One down, two to go for Mum.

I have finished sewing the quilt top on my UFO (I started it 8 years ago as a Block of the Month, made the first 9 blocks on time, then stopped..until last week), plus I got the backing sewn to fit, and made the binding.  Now I have to load it onto the quilting machine and quilt it.  That will take quite some time, as it is 84" square.

Until next post...
Jewells

1 comment:

  1. Love this quilt, such gorgeous fabrics and your quilting is fabulous! Look forward to seeing the 84" square one - that must have been a mammoth task to finish the piecing let alone quilt!

    ReplyDelete