Friday, January 31, 2014

Last week's sewing & quilting

As mentioned in a previous entry, I have been cutting out and Mum has been sewing. 
Above are 5 Christmas Swags that Mum appliqued (by machine) and I sewed on all the embellishments & joined them together, (as Mum has trouble holding a needle now a days).
 Meanwhile, I added the black border and the outside border to a Christmas panel I fell in love with.  I have a thing for the Cardinal birds and have heaps of fabric & patterns for these birds.  I then quilted it with a holly & berry stitch.
 Then I decided to use up a roll of lofty wadding that I bought from Spotlight YEARS ago.
 I made a cot quilt out of it, using white fabric front & back, then a lemon "baby items" stitch on the front & white on the back, then a lemon binding to finish it off.

All of these items are now folded and put away for my sale later on in the year.

Until next post..
Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment