Monday, January 13, 2014

A lot of Table Runners!

I have been making a few table runners with my new toy 60 degree ruler. 
For Christmas I received a couple of table runners that had the binding sewn on a different way to what I do, so I decided to try the new way of binding on 2 of the runners.
I do like this method for a quick way of binding, but I will still do the binding on the big quilts the "old" way of sewing by machine on the front, then catching it at the back by hand sewing.
 I made 4 lighthouse runners...2 were bound the "old" way and 2 were bound the "new" way.
 My first runner I made experimenting with the ruler was with this adorable snowman fabric.  
Just as well I used this fabric first and not the lighthouse one, as I placed the ruler incorrectly and ended up wasting a lot of fabric.
I also made a runner out of Easter fabric..........
 then used up the remaining fabric to make one big & two small place mats.

Now that I have finished the runners, I will start on something new.

Until next post...
Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment