Sunday, December 15, 2013

Aussie Aussie Aussie ... Oi! Oi! Oi!

G'DAY!

Australia Day is approaching (26 January) and I feel, as an Aussie, I should host an
AUSTRALIA DAY SWAP.

I sometimes feel that us Aussies aren't as patriotic as we should be and I want to play a part in some sort of good old "mate ship" and show some kindness to a fellow person and give some lovin'.

The way I thought we could "celebrate" is to send 9 items to a fellow swapper.  Now the way these items are to be chosen are – they have to start with each letter in "Australia".
For EXAMPLE:

A – Australian Made item (you could make it)

U – Utensil, Ugly fabric

S – Sunflower seeds, Smiley fabric

T – Tea Towel, Trims

R – Ribbon

A – Apron

L – Lilac, Lavender, Lolly

I – Ink pen

A – Apple fabric

That is just some ideas I have come up with on the spur of the moment… but I am sure you all can come up with others.

Anyone interested?   Leave a comment or email me. 

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.
Oi!  Oi!  Oi!

Julie 
PS: A couple have asked about "posting date"... 16th January .. 
PSS: Sign up closes on the 6th January..
PPSS: Only open to Australian residents (sorry to overseas people!), due to there being so many items, it could be too heavy to post..

14 comments:

  1. I think this swap would be doable for me... when would be the mailing deadline? Any ideas?
    I'll also put it up on my blog for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me im in hehe fun. :)
    Hugs
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like fun. Would I count as Australian enough to join in if I have lived in QLD for 8 1/2 years? :)
    xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun,so please count me in mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to take part, I agree it will be nice to see an Aussie Swap!! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm thinking if I can get something done in this time.....what day will you close sign ups???
    so the items just need to start with the letter not exactly what you said?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this swap would be lots of fun, count me in please.
    An Aussie swap is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like LOADS of fun!!! Count me in too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. reading above a swap with items that start with the letters Australia? if this is correct count me in please

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am Canadian so out but I like the idea. I will do this for VALENTINE parcels for my friends. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I can see lots of my lovely blog friends have joined up and I would like to as well. My blog is out of action at the moment but you can contact me at my email:
    sunnycornerfarm at Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jewells, this sounds like lots of fun! Please count me in! My email is KayeDeP@gmail.com and my blog is http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jewells. I've started playing with ideas this afternoon, so please count me in. It sounds like great fun. Thanks for taking the trouble organise it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. count me in ...the minds off with lots of ideas

    ReplyDelete