Saturday, December 31, 2011

I'm Back!

Well Qantas was up and flying by the time I was due to fly out and this was some of the view from my seat out of the window... 16.5 hours to fly from Sydney to Dallas, then a 7 hour wait to catch the next plane to Madison WIS


The next day I was taken shopping and this is what I saw on the way...

After Wisconsin, I flew to Indiana and was taken to Holmes County and saw lots of this:

and these:

and in Amish Villages there were lots of corn stacks like this... all done by hand:

The day after Thanksgiving was called "Black Friday" and that day is "THE" day to go shopping... the same as Australia's Boxing Day Sales.. so I shopped till I dropped at a Factory Outlet Block:

I also went to see many Christmas Light displays...this house had the lights pulsed to music on a FM radio station:

I went to real live American Football game... AWESOME!

Sat on Santa's knee!

Did some sewing for my host... I made this quilt for her while I was there... it was in Texas Cowboys Fabric.

and here is "some" of the fabric I bought while I was there...way over 400 yards!!!

Now I must find somewhere to store it, along with my already over crowded stash...

A bit sad that my 8 weeks off work is nearly over... have to go back on Tuesday 3rd January and to say that I am NOT looking forward to that is an understatement.

So until next post...

Cheers...Jewells

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jewells what a wonderful time you had on your holiday with your friend. I am sure she loved her quilt.
    AH!!! If you have trouble storing some of that fabric I could help out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing holiday! So glad that you had a wonderful time and shopped up big. It's good to have you back too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home. Your holiday sounds fantastic. You look so happy in your photos. I'm glad you had a wonderful time and experienced so many things while over there. Have fun with all your fabric.

    ReplyDelete