Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Not much craft being done because....

I am a fairly slow reader, I read every word and I do 99% of my reading in bed before turning the light out. A friend of mine in the States often recommends books to me, and I just "have to" buy them.

The last 3 nights I have been reading past midnight to finish this book:
A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick.


This book is the first of a set.... the next two are: A Thread of Truth & A Thread so Thin...apparently there is now a 4th book out.... as you can see, I have the books all ready for me to read.


PLUS.. there is another set of books that I have been reading (I have read the first 2) ...they are by Kate Jacobs and the 4 books I have (in order): The Friday Night Knitting Club, Knit Two, Knit the Season & Comfort Food.
The first book was given to me by a friend who ran a secondhand bookshop here...she knew I would like the story... I LOVED it...cried my eyes out and was VERY surprised that she brought out a second book.... didn't think she could by the way she ended the first book...but she did!
Then my friend in the States told me about the same book...

I will get around to reading all of them...one day....



The little bit of sewing I have done is this Pinwheel Block for Larissa who was my swap partner in a block swap I am in. I ended up making 2 of these for her.

and this is the block I received from Larissa...it is called "Lady of the Lake 2"


I have to make another block this month for another swap partner, a Log Cabin this time...must get onto that.

Until next post...

Cheers...Jewells

2 comments:

  1. Lots of books there to read Julie and i love your blocks,well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read the Marie Bostick series but I have read the Kate Jacobs books and I loved them. The first one I read was the Friday Night Knitting Club and it was the best of the three that I have read ( I have not read Knit the season)
    Happy reading.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete