Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Silver Spoon Garden Markers

After reading Bunny Tails blog a couple of weeks ago, I loved the idea of the silver spoon garden markers and decided to have a go at making some, so here is what "I" did (more like what "others" did for me!... hey, I organised it all):



I went to our local op-shop and searched through their silver spoons and only found one, so I bought it for .20cents and went home dejected. The next day I showed my boyfriend (BF) the blog and told him I wanted to make these but was unable to buy enough spoons to "play"... he disappeared and came back with a plastic bag with some silver cutlery... a couple of dessert spoons and few soup spoons.... ain't he sweet?...I was ready to play...(I mean with the spoons not my BF!... get your minds out of the gutter!)

Next morning, while I slept, my BF flattened all the spoons. I then took them home and armed with a bottle of Silvo, polished them clean.

The following morning, I took all the spoons to work and sweet talked one of the mechanics to imprint the spoons. I wrote out the list of words I wanted on each spoon.... I had to keep the words no longer than 6 letters each. He returned with all spoons imprinted. While at work, (naughty! aren't I?) I coloured in the letters with black texter, and wiped them clean.

Viola! spoons for my friends and maybe one for myself! ... I feel bad that I can't send a "name" one to a friend in the States, as her name was too long to engrave...sorry Regina!

Without mentioning it, I sent 2 spoons in the mail to my friend Toni at Red Boots.... good move... she emailed me and at the same time wrote about it on her blog... if you click on the above "Red Boots" name, it will take you to her blog and you can see the 2 spoons I sent her...silly me forgot to photograph them before I sent them to her!

I seem to be doing other crafts instead of my much loved patchwork, but hey! why worry?

Until next post..

Cheers...Jewells

5 comments:

  1. I saw those spoons on the Bunnyhill blog and thought they looked great. Yours turned out so well. It sounds like you really know how to sweet talk people. I especially love the one with the little detail on the handle. Where did you get your letter stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The letter stamps belong to the place I work at as a secretary... don't know where they got them...but I'd say they are pretty old.
    Cheers...Jewells

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great Jewells..what a terrific personalised gift! Makes me want to go rummaging thru the cupboard and then see if it a dental drill would go OK engraving them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My spoons are fantastic - no, they are bloody fantastic! and I love them to death! toni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came for the markers (I read about them in another blog...) and I'm so glad I came. OMG! They are awesome. I love them.... Etsy???

    ReplyDelete